Be safe and have fun!

Nick
https://www.sunpeaksresort.com/

Sun Peaks Resort is an alpine ski resort located in Sun Peaks, British Columbia, Canada, 56 km northeast of Kamloops. Here, winter visitors can experience skiing and enjoy hot springs amid snowy scenery. Summer offers mountain yoga, golf, and lots of family-oriented activities like treasure hunts. Sun Peaks is one of the must-see places to visit in Kamloops. I’ve had my share of interesting stories here.

In the winter of 2018, six other friends and I were going skiing at Sun Peaks. We were all novices. When we arrived at the destination at noon and excitedly changed our equipment, we began to practice skiing at the training area under the mountain. After a few hours, we thought we could try the professional track at the top of the mountain, so we took the cable car to the top. The mountain has a great view and a couple of restaurants, so we’re gonna grab a bite to eat before we try to ski down. After eating first, I and three other friends were ready to ski down, but the top of the mountain was really too high. We finally gave up trying, and discussed with the staff whether we could take a cable car down the mountain. When we got on the cable car, we found that three people had missed it. And because the mobile phone signal on the top of the mountain is not good, we can not timely notify them, so the three of them did not find us after eating, they thought we had slid down, so they also started to slide.

“We thought you had gone down, and we wanted to, but it was too steep! You have no idea how scary it was when I went down!” Xinzhe Liu (one of the three people on top of the mountain) spoke to us after coming down. He told us that he and Rory and Dong(the other two) were so anxious that they could not find us that they had to brave down. After the first slope they found they were too scared to go down and tried to climb back to the top. After 20 minutes climbing back to the top, they decided to seek help from staff, but by then it was too late and the cable car had closed. Sun Peaks staff had to use snowmobiles to bring them down. “We thought we were going to get stuck on the mountain that night or get lost on the way down,” Dong says to this day. “It was really unforgettable.”

The reason I tell this story is so that the tourists and students who come to Sun Peaks should enjoy their journey and do whatever they can to the best of their abilities without sacrificing their own safety. Hope you have a great trip to Kamloops !

To commemorate this exciting trip, we took this photo after meeting at the foot of the mountain.